5 Reasons Why It’s Okay to Have a Double Eyelid Surgery
A double eyelid surgery in Singapore is common not only in the country and some other parts of Asia, but also among western countries. This procedure helps your eye look less puffy and overall gives you a more youthful glow. There are various reasons why patients decide to double their eyelids. And it's sad that critics tend to associate this treatment to negative justifications. If you have long been considering turning your single eyelids into double eyelids, here are factors worth taking note of.
1. Health and medical issues. Many pursue an eyelid surgery not necessarily for aesthetic reasons but because of medical concerns. There's a condition known as ptosis or 'lazy eye' wherein the upper eyelids droop or falls over the eye. This, in turn, results in vision problems and asymmetrical appearance. The condition can get worse when a person's eye muscles are tired. An eyelid surgery can help ptosis patients live a normal everyday life. So you see, some are getting their eyelids done not because they want to look like someone else, but because they want to have their condition treated.
2. Social pressure. Some people do not necessarily have an issue as to how they look. However, they decide to undergo an eyelid surgery to fit in amongst their colleagues. There's nothing wrong in this especially if you feel that the procedure will help you boost your self-esteem. It's also not a secret that kids and teens can also experience bullying because of their eyes that look smaller than the usual. It's important to learn to love what you have, but if you'll love yourself even more with a simple enhancement, that should not be a problem too.
3. Differences in opinion. Note that people will always tend to have opposing opinions. And that's okay. Another person's opinion on a subject doesn't have to be the same as yours. In the same vein, you need not think that you're walking away from your 'roots' or natural appearance because you're pursuing an eyelid surgery. You're not masking your identity. And whatever you decide to do for yourself, you deserve respect just as how you respect other people's decisions for themselves.
4. Advanced technology. There's no better time to undergo an eyelid surgery than now. Innovations today allow fully-trained professionals to perform the surgery safely and effectively. You can also keep peace of mind knowing that medical professionals doing the surgery have studied techniques they've been using for years. It's your job now to ensure that you're going to a licensed plastic surgeon, performing surgeries for the creation of double eyelid in Singapore.
5. Personal happiness. If you feel that you will be truly happy once you go for double eyelids, then by all means, do it. No more questions. But of course, always put your health and safety on top of your list. Conduct due diligence when choosing a plastic surgeon. Be honest when talking to medical professionals as this is the only way they'll also be able to serve your needs better. And make sure you're in good health and are qualified for the surgery.
Visit an aesthetic clinic today for more information about getting a double eyelid surgery. Educate yourself further on the procedure before finally signing up for it. And be sure to choose a plastic surgeon and medical team that you feel comfortable with.